Sunday, September 09, 2007

"I thought you were cool"

I came home the other night from my Godmothers house. Becket was attending an overnighter followed by b-day skate party at a neighboring skate park. Upon hearing that her house was sought after for a "bowl" (large concrete pool type skating structure) I thought about the idea for my house. I quickly went to Herman and asked him, "Would you let Thomas and Carmen put a bowl in our back yard?" He didn't have to think about it. He replied with an adamant "NO". We volleyed back and forth with reasons why and those reasons being shot down. I finally knew I was beat and I ended with a, "and I thought you were cool" to which he responded with a "no, no I'm not". I will not give up the dream.....stay tuned

3 Comments:

Blogger Libbie said...

ahhhh what herman is cool just maybe not that cool. hahahahha. i miss you both so much. I can picture this conversation in my head.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Fr. Matthew said...

I am going to have to fall on the side of Papa Herman on this. Of course I am the pres of the the Un-cool local 225

7:02 PM  
Blogger Vara said...

Hmm... skateboarding? At long as there were soundproof windows... then, it is acceptable. Frankly, I prefer Chopin to heavy metal, and a nice quiet afternoon to too many kids in one place at one time... but, then again, I am 53, so that makes me an official card-carrying "Old Fart of the Last Generation".

Vara

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home