Sunday, September 09, 2007

Chasing Butterflies

Andrew (3) has been spending a lot of time in his sandbox lately. The box is located in a grassed in area flanked with a garden of coreopsis, pumpkins and sunflowers of all sizes. As I was watching him from a distance he decided to chase something. He started running all around the yard yelling, "chasing bubberpies". Flying away as fast as he was running was a small yellow butterfly. I wasn't too worried about the butterfly. Once the butterfly decided to double back towards him, he ran the opposite way yelling. Then it was the butterfly chasing him. Back and forth this went on for several minutes. Life should always be about chasing butterflies. Don't you agree?

3 Comments:

Blogger Libbie said...

my daughter emily (also 3) has i thing for butterflies but the minute they move in any direction she comes running for me to save her with a big smil on her face as she run.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Indeed! So sweet!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butterflies scare me silly. I prefer bubberpies, they don't sound half as scary. And I ALWAYS wanted a sandpit *sigh*

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home