Thursday, October 26, 2006

Things I saw this morning


While driving the kids to school I saw something that surprised me, then I decided to pay attention what everything I saw as I was driving-here are my observations:

A women driving the car while applying mascara-I'm not kidding. She had the applicator in one hand and was holding her eye with the other hand WHILE she was driving, not even at a stop light.

Streets lined with trees. Evergreens serving as the base color then intermingled were reds, golds, browns and pinks. The colors here are really amazing in the fall.

The bridge going to the college still under construction.

Chimneys spewing smoke to warm the chilly homes.

The bank sign reading: 8:45 am 44 degrees, I noticed this as I glanced down to see my bare legs sporting shorts.

A full time receptionist opening starting at $8.65

Peanutbutter and Butter finger Blizzards were on sale today for $1.68 at Dairy Queen

State Farm Insurance had paper pumpkins all over the windows, while right next door the tanning salon had a large painted window of waves, palm trees, sand and a crab

Wallgreens had macaroni 4 for $2.00

The dollar store was open (so I headed inside)

Andrew throwing himself on the floor tantrumming, pulling my glasses off, hitting and telling me no!

The last thing I saw on my drive was Andrews face in the rearview mirror crying. A look, of knowing he was in deep trouble once we got home.

That was my morning drive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Great list!

12:47 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

THe picture is where I took our school for their field trip last week. I enjoy using my senses when I remember to. :+)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Really? It's so beautiful and heritage looking with the covered wagon.

I've never been to your neck of the woods, but photos like this sure tempt me.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home