Friday, May 05, 2006

"Crap"

Today was room cleaning day. I tried to make it fun by making a chart that had room tasks and treats for each task completed. Yes, I know, I have given into the parental bribing league. I put on some good fast music and really tried to rally the troops. Tansy (first born) decided she would do her room according to HER schedule and not mine-well then all bets are off. She showed me, she cleaned her room and didn't get treats at first. She finally succumbed to my chart. I also cleaned my room while they cleaned theirs. I think I spent most of my time in their rooms though instructing and leading. Ok, so I was really helping them clean. Complaints were heard through the whole process which started to grind on me. First there wasn't any sugar for Tansy's tea, then Becket didn't want to pick up his two year old brothers toys, then Tansy didn't want to clean her clothes, then Becket didn't want to do ANY thing extra that wasn't on the chart and on and on and on. It was half an hour till lunch. I again rallied the troups to encourage them to do a fast push and finish by lunch. Then all heck broke loose as they just panicked. Ok, so that didn't work. We ate lunch and I was growing increasingly grouchy. It didn't help that Andrew pushed a chair through the house to get to the blessed bread on the mantel, then pushed the chair to the kitchen to retrieve a piece of licorice and continued to push the chair to reach the markers and ended it with a trip to the toilet to wash off his pacifier-Aghhhhhhh! Finally the kids announced they were finished with their rooms. I went to inspect and I was met with trash, and small toys pushed under where I had just swept. I lost it and exclaimed, "I want all this CRAP out of here!!! I am sick of CRAP being everywhere!" and I continued my day. Finally rooms were clean and we were calm-at least they were, I was pretty spent for the evening. Just a few moments ago I was washing a very dirty face, meaning, Becket's, and he proceeds to say, "you know Mommy, you said "crap" in my room earlier" I replied, "Yes, I know and I shouldn't have, but I was frustrated." He continues, "I was going to tell you then that crap is a bad word" I assured him it was a good choice on his part NOT TO. I also explained that grownups use the word at times, but it's isn't a word for children to use. Next thing I hear from the other room, "Oh I'm blogging about that one...." need I say whom???? Anyway I beat him to the punch and am blogging on myself. Hmmm, seems that's a new term now, when you see someone doing something they shouldn't, respond with , "I'm blogging on you!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Tee hee. Kids.

I know what you mean, cleaning rooms isn't a favorite job around here either.

12:35 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

We are going on one week of "clean" rooms now. I tried having them make their beds in the Am and pick up their floors in the pm. so far it works-but it helps that the in-laws are coming and that is an incentive for us all:+) of course, made beds, refers to covers pulled up no matter how terrible it looks. guess I can't argue with that.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Susan Sophia said...

We were cleaning rooms the other day, a constant struggle here, and I thought of this post. I almost said, "I can't stand this CRAP anymore!"

10:24 AM  
Blogger layne (herman) said...

hmmmmmm. so if our kids start swearing can i assume that they are learning it from you? :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

How the #*&%% can you even assume that??? You have some %%^&#$@ nerve!!! Need I say @*%#&* more???

8:09 AM  
Blogger Fr. Matthew said...

Better that mom gets the blame then Mr. H who seems to be the corruptor of souls at SSOM.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home