Tuesday, May 16, 2006

And the gifts are........

Thank you for your kind wishes for a Happy Mothers Day, I hope yours was as relaxing and pleasant as mine was. I started the day without any expectations, which is a first for a control freak of a mom. I lounged around not doing much of anything. When present time rolled around I was met with eagerness and excitement. Tansy brought me a very gold bag with a present rolled up in tissue paper. She told me I had to return the tissue paper so she could roll up the next present in it also. The first gift was a charm bracelet watch---pink gems and things hanging from it. It's tight fitting and REALLY dangles and she announced that if I didn't like that she had something else for me. A half pound bar of Hersheys chocolate with almonds in it. I love the candy but love the sentiment of the watch even more, though I'm sure by tomorrow my wrist will have turned green. Becket brought me two tubes for my 3.00 bike I got from a yard sale last week. The tires are flat and so he is fixing up my bike so I can go riding. And his poem is the following:
"Roses are red violets are blue Mom's are cool so are you! Becket May 13, 2006"
Oh yea that's a keeper.
Andrew and Daddy went in on their gift together. A Curious George CD and a gift card to Hastings. We have come a long way from putting the kids down on paper and tracing their outlines as my mothers day gift.
The biggest gift though, was having a day that was anxiety free, depression free, warm and sunny, joyful and free and just plain nice. That was a gift from God to this sometimes worn out mom. I hope your Mothers Day was just as peaceful whether you are a mother or not, you deserve a day filled with joy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Oh Juliana, it sounds so lovely! I hear good things about the CD (the Jack Johnson one, right?) and that bracelet and poem are both priceless.

12:04 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

I really like Jack Johnson, I have a regular adult type cd and this one is real mellow and nice too. :+)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I've never gotten one of his albums, but I enjoy his music on the radio - I should pick one up.

12:41 PM  
Blogger LJB said...

Hey Juliana, COME BACK!

It's been over a month for crying out loud!

Relax. Enjoy your summer. But know that your fans are waiting with baited breath for your blogger return....

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home