Monday, October 30, 2006

"Dreaded" update

I've had pretty positive responses to my future locks. I am heading to St. Xenias next week, and it was suggested (by the person who will be doing my dreads) that I wait till I come back to work on them-though I would have my headcovering on. So right now I'm wetting my hair at night and sleeping in a bun. This is supposed to allow my hair to curl and start matting on it's own. But the darned hair won't do that. It ends up looking fairly descent by the end of the day. I haven't brushed it in a week though and will continue that practice till I come home. Theodora, my loyal friend, has purchased the comb, wax and rubber bands needed. She's done the research and is very excited to start my hair. For the time being she'll live vicariously through me, till her hubby comes around-then she'll be next. Stay tuned for further adventures with my dreaded hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belladonna said...

Juliana;

I can't wait to see this. Somehow my mind imagines you looking a little something like this but I am sure you will be much prettier.

I do recall a conversation with you once when you said something about a person who made choices of extreme in her appearance and how that reflected the way she related to other people. So how do you think dreads and/or possible future tats might shape the way you communicate yourself to others?

5:49 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

Now if it were Herman, he would LOVE that look haha. I did read something that talked about looking at life "pre-dread" and with dreads. I would hope that I would be a bit less uptight and more relaxed with life. I think it will give me a new appreciation for those in their "mature" years that choose to do things unconventional. I think the choice of "extreme" affects your attitude, if I went with mulitple piercings, I'd probably have a more, "in your face" attitude towards others, if I got tatoos, I'd probably have a more confident attitude. So with dreads I can't help but think I'll be more relaxed and ready to go with the flow

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home