Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Isn't a "tag" really just a label?

Ok, I never participate in chain letters, forwards and the like, but since my husband tagged me I thought I'd better placate him.
So here are my answers:

4 Jobs I've had in my life:
a. Age 7-selling gold fish from large trash cans at swapmeets 25 cents ea. or 5/$1.00 (one of the many careers my parents tried)
b. Age19-floor guard (ref with a whistle), dj, concessions stand and birthday clown at a skating rink.
c. Age 23-mixing 100's of pounds of scented bath salts and potpourris by hand (another family business)
d. Age 24-32-working with severely handicapped and developmentally delayed children and adults (class room aid for children, community intergration for the adults)

4 movies I would watch over and over:
a. Some kind of wonderful (reminds me of Hermans and my story)
b. Joe vs. the volcano (love the orange crush)
c. Under the Tuscan sun (encourages me to work on the house)
d. Toys (I love the big green fields in it)

4 places you have lived:
a. Bakersfield Ca. (as a small child)
b. Long Beach Ca. (small child to adult)
c. Belmont Shores Ca. (young married)
d. Walla Walla, Wa. (now)

4 TV shoes you love to watch:
a. Reba (made me feel at home, when stuck in hospital after giving birth)
b. House (love the sarcasm)
c. Criminal minds (lots of suspense without gore)
d. Jimmy Neutron (what can I say....I have kids)

4 places you have been on vacation:
a. Tahoe, Ca. (graduation gift/trip)
b. Laughlin, Nv. (always fun with Herman)
c. up and down east coast in motor home with Grandparents (1976-great trip for a 12 year old)
d. Jamaica (in my dreams)

4 web pages visited daily:
a. my email
b......
c.......
d.....Don't have the same "down" time as Herman so page visiting is limited

4 of my favorite foods:
a. Pizza
b. Steak
c. lasagna
d. club sandwiches

4 places I'd rather be right now:
a. 15 years in the past (doing it different this time though)
b. some beach in the sun
c. on vacation
d. 30 years in the future

4 bloggers I am tagging:
"Ollie Ollie Oxen Free Free Free"-all are free from being tagged

Not too exciting, just a game of tag.

7 Comments:

Blogger layne (herman) said...

pizza and steak listed as favorite foods... isn't that just another way to say "Steak n Pizza"?

5:22 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. hey, nice picture.....any sign of ME?????

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I was just thinking the same thing, Herman! Giggle.

Great to get to know you better, Juliana. I can kind of get a picture of your parents...

11:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

Oh my Mimi if you only knew the other career adventures my family undertook. :+) We sold carnival prizes at swap meets, obviously I liked that one:+) owned a thrift store and a trucking company among other things. Hmmm, and Herman wonders why I had a facination with "carnies" (carnival folk)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I work with developmentally disabled adults!!! I work for an agency that finds jobs for DD adults and then trains them, their employer, and offers ongoing support. Very interesting! And i did notice the pizza and steak/ steak and pizza... if you title your blog steak and pizza you almost have to include those as your top four foods:)

5:06 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

Christina, unfortunantly I was very bad at my job. I constantly repent for my years of insensitivity and apathy towards my students and clients. I'm ashamed of the person I was during those years. May God have mercy on me.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It is all becoming clear ;)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home