Sunday, August 12, 2007

Meme

Ok I'm back thanks to Belladonna :+) I'll do this one then maybe blog a little about life lately. I'm getting in the mood, or maybe it's just an adyndellin rush from skating tonight with my kids. Ok, meme first:
4 jobs I've had:
I'll try to think of ones I haven't listed before,
1. Interior plant maintences person. AKA a person who drives to buildings to water their plants. I did it once in California as a young adult then started my own business here in Wa. when Tansy was born. I liked the freedom of having a baby and being able to make a little money. I hated being responsible for 4 very large ficus trees that were tempermental. I had TCBY yogurt, US bank, another bank and someplace else I don't remember as contracts.

2. Yard Sale Guru. At least twice a year we do a sale, but I typically do it alone since Herman has worked on weekends for the last 8 years. Now he has Saturdays off and "helps" me. Hmm, did I say help? or hinder? I've gotten the reputation that if it isn't nailed down I'll sell it. The kids are getting used to coming to me looking for a prized posession that they haven't played with in years, but all of a sudden HAVE to have it-to which I have to confess, "Oh honey, I think I sold that" to which I have to hear, "NOOOOOOOOOO that was my FAVVVVVorite ToYYYYY"

3.I've sold Discovery Toys, twice in my adulthood and Story Teller Felt Boards. I think in hindsight I got into these home party things to get the products myself. And once I'm in I have to have every single item there is. Does not make for a good profit at the end of the year.

4. This year I have been the field trip cordinator for our orthodox school. I'll do anything to get out of having to teach. So we went to a homeless shelter, a mission sight, a candy store, a pottery making shop just to name a few.

Four foods I like to eat:
1. Pizza of course, just tried New York pizza last week and OH MY GOSH! is all I have to say. Mmmmmmm
2. Steak that is medium well with a real smokey flavor
3. a good salad with blue cheese dressing and great big crutons
4.Corn nuts in bed after the kids have gone down for the night.

Four heros:
1. Saint Ambrose of Optina-a Saint that has experience in plumbing, depression and living a life for God. All of which I have related to.
2. The Dali Lama-I love his gentleness and his smile. I also love his history of how he became the Dali Lama-spiritually however, we are on opposite poles
3. Fr. Nicodemus-for his humility, joy, sense of humor and Christ likeness if that is even a word.
4. I'd have to add Maria from Portland who is a mom of 2 with one on the way, a wife, an orthodox woman and a skater from way back, she truly inspires me!

Four places I'd rather be then here:
1. On the Oregon or Washington Coast
2. The Black Pearl skate park in Grand Cayman Island
3. Portland with my family
4. In bed with all the children already asleep

I don't remember the other questions and I really don't know who to tag next so I'll end the game with me. Thanks Lynda that was fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home