Thursday, August 16, 2007

Is it already Halloween?

I opened up my email this morning and, as always, there are little ads that appear. Sometimes they are animated, sometimes not. This morning I was drawn to watch as a woman who was freakishly scary looking due to wrinkles, have them magically disappear with a "miracle" product. I kept staring at this ad as she turned from having wrinkles to very taught skin over and over again. It was like staring at an accident. You know you really shouldn't look but your curiosity gets the better of you and you keep staring. Now this face wasn't just the face of a model with a few airbrushed wrinkles. The artist touching up this ad must have been really distracted because the amount of wrinkles was absolutely obscene. I know I seem to be going on regarding this, but seriously you should have seen this woman. Yikes! It was truly like watching an old movie where Lon Chaney turns into a werewolf with really bad movie magic. I wonder if I can find it again....

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I know exactly what ad you mean. The other one that kind of fascinates me is a similar one with cellulite - the airbrushing is AMAZING!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

how could I forget that you have a blog??? shame on me...good to see what you're up to :)

I heard an npr bit about skateboarding mamas a while back...pretty awesome. i could never do it, i'm afraid of it for some reason.

i'm going to add you to my bloglist right now so i don;t make the same mistake.

10:45 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

I seem to always seem to miss those npr bits, my mom-in-law told me about seeing a show about skating moms as well. Most moms tell me they are too scared to try it when I ask them to skate. I guess it's that distance to the ground that is intimidating. I still need Tansy to hold my hand while I attempt a trick.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home